假如我能讓生命重新來過!

If I had my life to live over

新年的第一天上課時,老師與我們分享一位85歲加拿大老太太的小詩,我讀了很感動,快快翻譯成中文與各位分享。

If I had my life to live over
假如我能讓生命重新來過

I'd dare to make more mistakes next time. I'd relax,
我敢下一次多犯一些錯,我會放輕鬆。

I would limber up. I would be sillier than I have
我會柔軟筋骨,我會讓自己這段生命旅途更糊塗些。

been this trip. I would take fewer things seriously.
我只會將小部份的事情看得嚴肅些。

I would take more chances. I would climb more mountains
我會爭取更多機會。我會多登幾座高山並且

and swim more rivers. I would eat more ice-cream and
多在幾條河裏游泳。我會多吃一些冰淇淋少吃一些豆子。

less beans. I would perhaps have more actual troubles,
我可能會有多一些真正的麻煩,

but I'd have fewer imaginary ones.-You see, I'm one of
但是會少一些不實在的幻想。你可以看得出來,我是屬於

those people who live sensibly and sanely day after day.
那些日復一日生活在機敏與理智裏的人之一。

Oh, I've had my moments,and if I have to do it over again,
哦,我是有很多時光,假如我能讓時光倒流,

I'd have more of them. In fact, I'd try to have nothing else.
我但願能有更多一些。事實上,我不要求其他,

Just moments, one after another, instead of
只要片刻,每個片刻是一個接一個的,而不是

living so many years ahead of each day. I've been one of
生活在超過今天好幾年的狀況裏。我曾經是

those persons who never goes any where without a
那些出門不可以不帶

termometer, a hot water bottle, a raincoat and a parachute.
溫度計、熱水瓶、雨衣、及降落傘的人之一。

If I had to do it again, I would travel lighter than have.
假如我能重做一遍,我但願旅行時帶少一些東西。

If I had my life to live over, I would start barefoot
假如我能讓生命重新來過,我要在

earlier in the spring and stay that way later in the fall.
初春來臨時,光著腳,一直到深秋。

I would go to more dances. I would ride more merry-go-rounds.
我但願我多跳一些舞。我但願多一些愉悅的兜風。

I would pick more daisies.
我但願多摘一些雛菊。

蘭丁史達爾(85歲)

這是85歲老太太心靈深處對生命的渴望,活著是一件很美麗的事,可以有很多盼望。而活在當下,是最實在不過了。當你85歲的時候,不知你是否也會有讓生命重新來過的渴望?

沒有留言: